When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it a real Schwinn Cruiser Deluxe 100th Anniversary bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
"Centennial Phantoms were not cheap Asian bikes and 26 years has proven that."

I'm afraid that's not exactly the case.
BTW somebody thinks I'm bashing them to reduce resale or parts prices? Mah, HA! HA!. (See 1995 Black Phantom High Graphic photos below.)

I own 4 different verities of Schwinn's 95 too 2001 Cruiser bikes. There's nothing I'd like better then to make a Ka-Jing! off of em. Ka-Jing! 💰

Yet, fact is, and I've said this many times too: When it comes to the frames on the Centennial Phantoms, they're top quality. Unlike the Anniversary Cruisers, the Phantoms frames are special and high quality. As to the paint on an Anniversary, it's OK but leave it out and rust can leach out through it. One of mine, I'd picked up off Craig's list;15 bucks, only B/C original tires are practically mint, the whole bike is hardly used, if at all B/C I think, after a few days, maybe week, it was set aside. Yet everything that can rust, Fork crown, cups and nuts, seat springs, clamp and post; all of its chrome is junk with rust bleeding through the paint. It's still a good running and operable bike, Albeit; near mint rust bucket.. It was inside a dry and dusty Car port yet down here in SW Florida, it must have gotten excessive wind, rain and humidity. The dust from sitting so long probably absorbed moisture and the rest is history.

However, for this 95 Centennial Black Phantom that's even worse; the chrome, screws, attachments, materials, accessories and parts in almost the whole package are not any or much different than the Anniversary models.

Albeit, the tanks on both are a little better although I've seen a whole Anniversary with a tank having major rust holes to the extent it's falling apart. And obviously, a real leather seat can't be matched. The tanks seem to be decent Chrome as they typically get some small pits and don't flake off like the rest.. And Apparently, the light cover on this bike, looks like new of which, I can not attest if brand new or original so, if original then, it's better than everything else.

The evidence? I have a 1997 Cruiser Deluxe made with a 1995 Centennial Black Phantom frame and its metals and chrome are just like this bike:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185179967763?campid=5335809022

All inside this ebay sale, 95 Centennial Black Phantoms photos. Seller says 1955 but, it's referring to the tires.

From the pealing chrome on handle bar, stem, fenders and brackets, Chain ring and near every other chrome part, it is flaking off and un-restorable: Junk!
Front and rear fenders, chain ring, stem and rear rim are heavily pitted and flaking off. It's about like my Cruiser Deluxe Centennial Phantom framed bike. This will not polish any more than seller has already done. Under my fenders is rust so bad, not worth the bother.
Wow! look at the rack and rear light, mine is still pretty nice. This stem is the worst I've ever seen. On mine, some of the Screws and bolts have striped and broke the very first time they were touched.. The Metals used on accessories and parts are soft that can rust and freeze just sitting around if not carefully stored..

I have hesitated to show the details on my CD B/C others have and would argue that the Black Phantom is better quality verses Deluxe.

Fact is as, this seller's photos prove, it's Not: Click each photos' for higher resolution and see everything I've noted.
It's not bashing simply, Facts verses hype. 🕵️‍♂️ 💰

View attachment 1523206

View attachment 1523207

View attachment 1523208

View attachment 1523211
On your Phantom it's odd how the chrome on the fenders has perished while the chrome on the tank and rims still looks good. You're in Fort Meyers, correct? How far are you from the ocean?

On your Phantom it's odd how the chrome on the fenders has perished while the chrome on the tank and rims still looks good. You're in Fort Meyers, correct? How far are you from the ocean?
My mistake. I thought this was your bike, but on re-reading it's actually in Kissimmee, nowhere near the ocean.

These are beautiful bikes to look at, apparently the quality is not there ,especially if they get wet. I would never buy one as it goes against the main reason I collect old bikes...I like the history behind the bikes, the scratches and the rust and that these bikes we around in the the most famous years 50,60 and 70'S ..The people they use to belong to, someone received this bike for a birthday or Christmas and cherished it for many years and they probably are no longer with us.
Its the same with old cars that they are remaking the dynacor bodies for...yes looks like a Camaro or chevelle but without the history behind it its not a old car just metal.

These are beautiful bikes to look at, apparently the quality is not there ,especially if they get wet. I would never buy one as it goes against the main reason I collect old bikes...I like the history behind the bikes, the scratches and the rust and that these bikes we around in the the most famous years 50,60 and 70'S ..The people they use to belong to, someone received this bike for a birthday or Christmas and cherished it for many years and they probably are no longer with us.
Its the same with old cars that they are remaking the dynacor bodies for...yes looks like a Camaro or chevelle but without the history behind it its not a old car just metal.
With that being said I do understand that & am the same way. However, like my modern 2000s Heavy Duti I can afford to take it, breathe new life back into it, & make memories / pass it along to someone else eventually maybe to make these same kinda attachments to. I can't afford the bikes some do; hell $500 for a repop is outta my league right now but when you have some frames priced for $200+ you have to weigh what you wanna do from piecing a Chicago Schwinn together or you want a shinier newer bike with piss poor chrome

Back