When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it just me or has quality went down?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mantaray

Look Ma, No Hands!
like 20 years ago my friends and I were all into BMX, some skate park stuff but mostly dirt jumping. The majority had Haros, DK, Hoffman, Gary Fisher, Diamondback, GT and a few more.. now looking at similar bikes I see companies like Fitbike, S&M, Kink that spark my interest. What happened to all the older companies? A lot of the stuff I’m seeing now looks like it’s not made as well as back in the day. Is that just my opinion? Or what the heck happened?

The small companies were bought up by big companies that were then bought up by super companies in Taiwan and China...there are a few left making quality products, just have to search them out...

All the older big companies quality went waaaaay down and when BMX’s popularity went down those companies didn’t make it/got bought out. Most of those smaller new companies are rider owned made over seas. I just got a new Standard STA made in !!

The quality is in general is higher when the items are made with passion and a small team that cares. Once it becomes about making a $hiton of money, that is the first thing to be thrown out the window. This follows true to most all products.
I agree with the S&M comment, I had one of those about 10 years ago and it was a very nice well built bike.

Back