When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it strange?

-

then8j

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Ok I started collecting and restoring around 9 years ago. Started with schwinns then moved onto real bikes. (Just kidding, just wanted to push that button)
Over the years I have purchased 12 or so full bikes all needing restoration. I’m super excited about buying then I dream of what I want to do with them and how I’m going to do it. The box gets delivered I get a shot of adrenaline and I’m so happy, then I put the box in the shed next to the other boxes and say to myself, “ I will do that one next”

Is it strange that I have a shed of shipping boxes with unopened bicycles?

I do something similar with the rare parts and pieces. The boxes go on the shelves in the garage.

The best parts get unpacked and put into boxes in the drawers.

A friend came over and said that it is strange to have so many boxes of stuff unopened, I couldn’t even tell him what was in each box anymore. I know the bikes I have though.

My reasoning is; They are safe in the boxes all wrapped up and secure until I get to them.

I have a couple bikes unpacked being restored right now, it’s hard not to loose the little parts in the garage.

Perfectionism >> Procrastination >> Paralysis.

Stockpiling projects is not my style.i like to look and work on my bikes.As a caution ,I would not leave things boxed for a long period of time.Rust can set in from moisture and a shiny nice piece may turn into a rusty ruined piece.

No , That's not strange. AND You're right - - - - - - They ARE Safe- - - - - -until you get to them. The only thing I would say is ..............IF.......................there was damage due to Shipping or mishandling - - - - - - -You lose your power to do anything about it. Sometimes we just don't have the time . ;)

Perfectionism >> Procrastination >> Paralysis.

,,,,,,View attachment 1102757

Its this, I have the same problem. I've made mistakes trying to fix these old bikes and I've done more harm than good. I'll think about that dent I put in a fork trying to straighten it and it kills me as much as when it happened. I've had a Bluebird for 3 three years, I'm afraid to touch it.

Back