When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it strange?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

then8j

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Ok I started collecting and restoring around 9 years ago. Started with schwinns then moved onto real bikes. (Just kidding, just wanted to push that button)
Over the years I have purchased 12 or so full bikes all needing restoration. I’m super excited about buying then I dream of what I want to do with them and how I’m going to do it. The box gets delivered I get a shot of adrenaline and I’m so happy, then I put the box in the shed next to the other boxes and say to myself, “ I will do that one next”

Is it strange that I have a shed of shipping boxes with unopened bicycles?

I do something similar with the rare parts and pieces. The boxes go on the shelves in the garage.

The best parts get unpacked and put into boxes in the drawers.

A friend came over and said that it is strange to have so many boxes of stuff unopened, I couldn’t even tell him what was in each box anymore. I know the bikes I have though.

My reasoning is; They are safe in the boxes all wrapped up and secure until I get to them.

I have a couple bikes unpacked being restored right now, it’s hard not to loose the little parts in the garage.

Perfectionism >> Procrastination >> Paralysis.

Stockpiling projects is not my style.i like to look and work on my bikes.As a caution ,I would not leave things boxed for a long period of time.Rust can set in from moisture and a shiny nice piece may turn into a rusty ruined piece.

No , That's not strange. AND You're right - - - - - - They ARE Safe- - - - - -until you get to them. The only thing I would say is ..............IF.......................there was damage due to Shipping or mishandling - - - - - - -You lose your power to do anything about it. Sometimes we just don't have the time . ;)

Perfectionism >> Procrastination >> Paralysis.

,,,,,,View attachment 1102757

Its this, I have the same problem. I've made mistakes trying to fix these old bikes and I've done more harm than good. I'll think about that dent I put in a fork trying to straighten it and it kills me as much as when it happened. I've had a Bluebird for 3 three years, I'm afraid to touch it.

Back