When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it strange?

-
Yes .. there’s a deep lying problem. .....it’s the beginning of Hoarding problem... I know... I go to those types of estate sales and your problem is the one that I like the best ...most ends up cheap cause no one knows what you have and don’t want to or take the time to deal with the hoard. ...

To me I see it as what you're not, (although we don't know each other, an educated guess). You could be doing 1000 negative things, harming yourself or others.
Personally I collect everything from cars, antiques, radios, bikes, old toys, N, HO, O gauge trains, artifacts, tools, electronic equipment, recently horses, tractors ...10,000 sq.ft. of stuff.
What to me is so profound is the "excitement level"...thinking about what you want next is a 3, finding it maybe a 7, obtaining it a 10 when in your possession.
Then on to the next one.
Interesting what Sigmund Freud said...
"Instinct of love toward an object demands a mastery to obtain it, and if a person feels they can’t control the object or feel threatened by it, they act negatively toward it."

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I just finished a project today that has been sitting for at least 20 years. While not in a box, it still sat in lousy condition for that long until I got off my butt and got it done. It's the girls bike below. The boys bike I did probably around 25 years ago.

So I would say, no you're not weird. But git er done! :)

I did this myself for years. I would get a bike or a part and just put it on the shelf to be opened later.
2-300 transactions and I had never been disappointed.
Then I had gotten an Expensive item from a FORMER member here that I didn't unpack for over a month.
When I did I discovered that:
To my horror it had a problem that wasn't fixed in its restoration and saw that portion had been concealed in the pictures taken and not been disclosed.
The seller told me that had I notified him right away that he would have issued a refund. However since
over a month had passed I was out of luck! In the end I DID get my 1200 back .

SO
at least open the bike, part or literature, examine it and make sure it is in the condition you expect to be.
Then slide it back in the box, whatever and put it away.

Back