When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it the addiction or just a common sense good investment.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If you just want cheap bikes to work on and donate, those are fine. They're not especially well-made, but if you want to pass the time fixing bikes and donating them to charity, they'll work. Maybe someone can use them once they are fixed up. But I would not hold onto them such that they take up space in the garage. It crosses from collecting into hoarding.

I guess one has to ask themselves the question as to "why am I interested in this bicycle?" If the answer is "because it's cheap and shiny" then you best pass on it. If you have a "Robin Hood" syndrome and want to steal from the rich/your pocket ( or moderately flush with extra cash) and give to the poor, hats off to you. We'll get you a feather for that green felt

cap too. As mentioned before, nothing wrong with good deeds and paying forward/Karma.

It's not just bikes, I've always been a sucker for a good deal as most of us are. If I found a 57 Vette in a barn for 10K it's going home with me. Here's 2 of many examples that I stumbled across, had our twinn hemi dragster on the trailer getting gas and a guy said he had an old hotrod with a hemi in his barn built in 58 so I went to look and 4K later I just knew it was a great deal. The other was an ad in the paper that said 68 Plymouth with big engine, went to look and 4.5K later it went home with me. But there were hundreds of goose chases that didn't pan out. But as the saying goes, every squirrel gets a nut at some point. I have to say that I have a pole barn overflowing with stuff I thought was a good deal but wasn't.

20210314_104820.jpg

20210314_105208.jpg

20210314_105149.jpg

20210313_125055.jpg

20210313_130559.jpg

Last edited:
I went to the lakeside neighborhood yard sales in the next town over, when I drove thru I saw the normal yard sale stuff. If I saw a bike I would stop and look, now this part I don't understand, the place is packed and nobody bought this bike priced at $5 so I did, it's a Windsor 10 speed in really good shape, she said it was bought in the 80s and just hung in the garage. Loaded it and rode around and seen another bike so I stopped, another $5 bike, its a Ross in nice shape so I bought it, from the 80s I think,, now I don't need or really like these bikes but I can't resist the $5 deal. I can't figure out if it's the good deals or the sickness I have. The Ross has the shifter coming out of the coaster brake side and not the cog side like I've always seen. I knocked the dust off and they both look like great investments. Would anyone else pass on a $5 bike, for some reason I can't. Apparently people around here don't need $5 bikes.

View attachment 1659982

View attachment 1659983

View attachment 1659984

View attachment 1659985

View attachment 1659986

View attachment 1659987

View attachment 1659988

View attachment 1659989

View attachment 1659990

View attachment 1659991

View attachment 1659992

View attachment 1659993
People don't ride like they used too.....nobody buys ladies bikes......yes, you're addicted......I would have bought both, and parted them out .....

I went to the lakeside neighborhood yard sales in the next town over, when I drove thru I saw the normal yard sale stuff. If I saw a bike I would stop and look, now this part I don't understand, the place is packed and nobody bought this bike priced at $5 so I did, it's a Windsor 10 speed in really good shape, she said it was bought in the 80s and just hung in the garage. Loaded it and rode around and seen another bike so I stopped, another $5 bike, its a Ross in nice shape so I bought it, from the 80s I think,, now I don't need or really like these bikes but I can't resist the $5 deal. I can't figure out if it's the good deals or the sickness I have. The Ross has the shifter coming out of the coaster brake side and not the cog side like I've always seen. I knocked the dust off and they both look like great investments. Would anyone else pass on a $5 bike, for some reason I can't. Apparently people around here don't need $5 bikes.

View attachment 1659982

View attachment 1659983

View attachment 1659984

View attachment 1659985

View attachment 1659986

View attachment 1659987

View attachment 1659988

View attachment 1659989

View attachment 1659990

View attachment 1659991

View attachment 1659992

View attachment 1659993
Why don't I get bikes for $5? 😄 I haven't seen one anywhere, you're lucky.
i would have saved the $10... i think when you start buying $5 ross bikes... that is the addiction talking :)
No no. In 50 years they will be antiques, we should buy them :)

It seems there’s always someone out there looking for a bicycle. I’d take them home clean them up and pass them on to someone who needs a bike. Sometimes I get my five bucks back, sometimes I don’t, but I always enjoy cleaning it up and someone is made happy with their new bike, so I still profit.

Back