When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it the addiction or just a common sense good investment.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HEMI426

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I went to the lakeside neighborhood yard sales in the next town over, when I drove thru I saw the normal yard sale stuff. If I saw a bike I would stop and look, now this part I don't understand, the place is packed and nobody bought this bike priced at $5 so I did, it's a Windsor 10 speed in really good shape, she said it was bought in the 80s and just hung in the garage. Loaded it and rode around and seen another bike so I stopped, another $5 bike, its a Ross in nice shape so I bought it, from the 80s I think,, now I don't need or really like these bikes but I can't resist the $5 deal. I can't figure out if it's the good deals or the sickness I have. The Ross has the shifter coming out of the coaster brake side and not the cog side like I've always seen. I knocked the dust off and they both look like great investments. Would anyone else pass on a $5 bike, for some reason I can't. Apparently people around here don't need $5 bikes.

20220710_124758.jpg

20220710_125429.jpg

20220710_125408.jpg

20220710_124829.jpg

20220710_124815.jpg

20220710_124341.jpg

20220710_124523.jpg

20220710_124512.jpg

20220710_124535.jpg

20220710_124327.jpg

20220710_124303.jpg

20220710_124314.jpg

well me personally would save the $5.00 and put it toward a bike i really want ,that way i dont fill up my space with bikes nobody wants!!and end up just giving them away in the end.but thats me!i dont know how many times went to go pick up a bike and the seller want you to buy all the road bikes they cant sell.

It must be the thrill of the hunt and the sickness, I've donated and given away lots of bikes. BMX bikes to the kids at the Mud pit and road bikes to friends and family. I'll probably end up like that guy in Willow Springs with a bunch of bikes and parts nobody wants.

YOU ARE ADDICTED! As are most of us. Both are legit bicycles that you will find new homes at a fantastic "return on investment" with the swaps you attend.
As far as adding them to your collection? No F'ing way but that is ok.
Excellent scores!

I would have bought the Windsor for my lady as her mom's family name is Windsor. And the Ross at $5 to donate.

Please PM message me with the wood rim bikes you are also finding and not posting. 😉

Western PA seems to be a magically place for bicycle scores. If those bikes were put out at a yard sale here in "The Land of Enchantment" at $5 each, I can image fights breaking out.

Yesterday I went to a pseudo "estate sale" where everything was staged and priced to the max. They were selling junky Chinese hammers that have no reason to be in this aged couples home for $10 each. Please note:

While neither would be considered collector items they both look to be in excellent shape and with the addition of some tires, have a lot of ride left in them.

Great for college kids or for leaving at a beach house.

The rub of course is the cost of tires.

I learned to work on bikes just like these. I would take them apart, clean and re grease, and wax them. I didn't make any money but later was able to apply the skills and knowledge on other bikes and in some cases gave them to a local charitable organization.

I also liked to have an "extra" bike or to two around for visitors to ride.

By the way, the black bike has a "mixte" frame that is somewhat unique.

Last edited:
Whatever makes you happy. If you have the space and the money isn't a problem go for it. Sometimes reselling ( common things) is a hassle. If it's too cheap people think there is something wrong with it. ( asking) Too much money is a common buyers gripe. Ending up with a pile'O mung like in that Willow estate sale is a horror movie. But if it made the dude happy, who are we to judge? "Judge not lest ye be judged"? I'm not formally religious, but maybe "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" comes to mind too.

There are worse addictions than collecting bicycles. Just ask a Caber? I think donating is a honorable thing to do. I just took a PILE of stuff to a bicycle co-op/volunteer place a few weeks ago. All good stuff, I just wasn't going to use it, until I need it, then wonder why I gave it way? Ha!! No, really, some extra newer tires, seats, posts, pedals, fenders, lights and so on. Good Karma. Pay it forward idea.

I’d pick them up. Have good luck in my area(especially with road bikes) buying a bike and getting it all greased up and new tires, and sell it for 80. That’s because people know that even the cheap 70s stuff outlasts the new Taiwan/China/you name it.

Back