When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is It Wrong to have tassels on a Dude's bike ?

-
I wouldn't say that it's wrong to run tassles on a dudes bike.
It all depends on the dude and his bike.
I mean, this guy gets away with wearing a dress, and nobody questions his manhood.
image.jpeg

Wait a minute. Those aren't tassels. They're streamers. I recall adding a pair of streamers to my 1960 Flightliner when I was 12 years old and watching those things stand straight out when I got up to top speed. Didn't Chuck Yeager have streamers on his Bell X-1 rocket plane? Well, there's another Flightliner sitting out in the garage now and, come to think of it, I might go out and buy a pair of streamers.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I had streamers on my first one. Weren't they pretty? I also thought that a large flagpole was in good taste at the time. And I was loving the combination of yellow oil house paint and red acrylic paint peeling off over rust... Live and learn--this was back in the mid 1990s.
1941hawthorne.jpg

1941hawthorne2.jpg

I like to wear shorts when riding, and there's been many times that skirt guards have saved me from getting my leg hairs tangled up in the spokes.

Last edited:
Back