When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is my B-607 a 1946 model?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DrRumack80

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I've owned this bike for nearly 25 years, always assuming it was a 1946. It has the pencil stand, oversized Delta horn button, drop center rims, and the bearing cups in the BB appear to be blackout parts, 9-hole rack, Planes/Trains/Autos head badge.

Ser# B06439. This is exactly how I got the bike. (pedals are off for storage and currently mislaid) The saddle always looked a bit strange to me and doesn't quite match the catalogs. Not sure about the grips either. Let me know if you need pics of any other parts. Thanks!

20221023_120536.jpg

20221023_120545.jpg

20221023_120548.jpg

20221023_115413.jpg

20221023_115406.jpg

Thanks! The bike was previously owned by an older gentleman who was a bike shop owner and had a small collection of bikes. I believe he was the one who painted the headlight cover black. I suppose the saddle could have been swapped at some point, unless there were supply issues and the Lobdell was a factory substitute.

I think the light looks great!
Thanks! I always assumed it was a repaint, since they are usually painted ivory. I suppose it is possible it came that way from the factory. The paint looks to be aged about the same as the black on the rest of the bike. I never met the man who owned this bike previously. Instead, it was sold on consignment by a friend of his. I don't know 100% that the light was repainted.

Last edited:
Thanks, all! I did not know what to make of the seat, but perhaps my suspicions that it was incorrect are wrong. At least it is period correct. Appreciate all of the info and insight, guys! Could this be a 1945 model as Shawn suggested? I always thought 1946-47.

Back