Is My Roadmaster Ok ?

This ad disappears when logged in

CURTIS L LINDGREN

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 19, 2017
Pacific Northwest , United States
Just picked up this bike. Have not done anything sept take some pic's. of it. First question is : Would the Rear Rack be Correct for this Bike ? 2nd Question : Would this Chain Guard have been a Factory Item as well ? These seem out of place to me. Serial No. is F 71282 Was Told it was a 1939 . Any help is appreciated .

IMG_20190809_155750578.jpg

IMG_20190809_155621442.jpg

IMG_20190809_155654135.jpg

buickmike

I live for the CABE
May 26, 2014
Hammond Indiana
I believe that's a universal chainguard+ The rack I'm not sure about . I think u should change both.

slick

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Apr 1, 2010
Modesto,Ca.
Patina seems to match very well if you ask me? The original paint color appears to match too. So I'd say they're correct. Could have been a dealer bolt on at the store. I have two shelbys with oddball racks and guards also that were not in any ad whatsoever but have original matching paint and patina. Who would take the time to match paint or add a rack or guard 40 years ago? And where would the original guard or rack have went. Killer bike. Swap the tires, tubes, service the hubs and RIDE IT!! Enjoy it!

frankandpam

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jan 21, 2016
Tacoma Wa
I too am a firm believer that same model bikes can differ depending on when in production run they were built and circumstances. Suppliers could change or just running out of original parts. If it absolutely looks original, it more than likely is original to the history of the bike and I too would leave it. Great bike !

Pedals Past

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Nov 5, 2017
Napa, CA, United States
no dealer has racks and guards the exact color its factory might be 41 and a lesser model the war was starting and no manufacturer was making runs of parts they bought up lots of old inventory from accessory companies and painted them at factory using whatever they had when they ran out ..... not always dead on to literature

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture