When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the hobby dying again?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I look at it as a hobby not a business. I collect for enjoyment and also ride most of what i collect.
I wont spend money on a bike that cuts into living expenses and i will sell a bike at a loss if makes sense at the time to further another goal.
This is a great hobby and will go through cycles, just like everything else.

Maybe not my brother, I was just thrust into it by a 1957 Murray Meteor Flight. I just brought a 1980 Schwinn Collegiant home today.

I've been messing with old cars nearly all of my life. I'm quite sure old bikes, old cars, and anything old have the same ups and downs. I can't count the times I've seen the price of my '67 Camaro RS go up, and down. But, our friend Bob is correct about one thing. Kids these days could give a poop less about hobbies like these. They have to be initiated into the hobby by us if we want it to continue. It looks as if it isn't a new phone they just aren't interested.

And I happened to get only one of my biokes off of ebay, that was I think 2008. I've had other I got locally and most of the current ones I have I got from YOU GUYS.

Tempest was the ebay bike.

I started collecting in the 1980,s, it was hot then, fun, and most finds were original bikes, now its changed repro bikes, repro parts, the foreign influence, and many people buying bikes and breaking them down and selling them on ebay.....in it for the money....that's ok, but I'm a purest like that original bike rustic or ruff it's still original....as I look at bikes now ....its really changed sad but true..many of the old collectors i knew are dying off and bikes are being passed down, then what....dont know.....all this said I'm a person who loves old bikes and always will and I sometime run into a collector who feels the way I do....then I'm stimulated by that......I'm in Arizona, wish I were closer to where stuff, shows and swaps are happening like the mid west or east coast... my concern is when the economy collapses in next year or so .....how will the hobby be then. Keith.

Hobby is rolling in AZ.
Do you ride with the AZ Coaster group?
Over 10,000 riders showed out last Saturday in Tempe for Tour de Fat.
Were you there? Involve yourself; participate!

D2B9D71E-1F92-4380-BCB3-EF2FC3E69501.gif

I’m sick of working anyways!

Back