When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a comprehensive event list?

-

PLERR

Finally riding a big boys bike
Every year I make a list for me and my friends of all of our favorite truck shows, car shows, cruises, steam & tractor shows, train events, cultural events, etc, etc that happen within a 2-3 hr (or so) radius of Pittsburgh. Mostly annual or bi-annual events, not the weekly stuff. When they’re all listed chronologically on one sheet you can easily spot the conflicts and decide ahead of time what to see and what to skip. There are separate lists online for some of these things, but even then there’s so much missing info. My list fills in all the gaps. It’s pretty handy. Usually 90-100 events. I do one for Christmas train displays too.

This year I’d like to add the bike swaps. I started perusing the postings here, but I know there are events I’m missing. Since I’m new at the bike swap thing I’d really appreciate any and all contributions. These are the events I found so far (just the locations). Looking for any Midwest or Eastern shows or swaps.

Jan 24 (Sun) : Butler, PA

May 22-23 (Sat/Sun) : Ann Arbor

Jun 4 (Fri) : Copake
Jun 5 & 6 (Sat/Sun) : Bicycle Heaven

Aug 21 & 22 (Sat/Sun) : Bicycle Heaven

Memory Lane? One, two/year?
Hartville? One, two/year?
Any others?

Thanks,
E =-)

Every year I make a list for me and my friends of all of our favorite truck shows, car shows, cruises, steam & tractor shows, train events, cultural events, etc, etc that happen within a 2-3 hr (or so) radius of Pittsburgh. Mostly annual or bi-annual events, not the weekly stuff. When they’re all listed chronologically on one sheet you can easily spot the conflicts and decide ahead of time what to see and what to skip. There are separate lists online for some of these things, but even then there’s so much missing info. My list fills in all the gaps. It’s pretty handy. Usually 90-100 events. I do one for Christmas train displays too.

This year I’d like to add the bike swaps. I started perusing the postings here, but I know there are events I’m missing. Since I’m new at the bike swap thing I’d really appreciate any and all contributions. These are the events I found so far (just the locations). Looking for any Midwest or Eastern shows or swaps.

Jan 24 (Sun) : Butler, PA

May 22-23 (Sat/Sun) : Ann Arbor

Jun 4 (Fri) : Copake
Jun 5 & 6 (Sat/Sun) : Bicycle Heaven

Aug 21 & 22 (Sat/Sun) : Bicycle Heaven

Memory Lane? One, two/year?
Hartville? One, two/year?
Any others?

Thanks,
E =-)
Trexlertown--if it happens. V/r Shawn

Covid changes everything. A swap might be slated, but a spike in covid could shut it down. Better to keep checking. Impromptu swaps do come up.
No doubt. But I'm the type to plan ahead and then tack when and if necessary. Have a plan but be vigilant and stay flexible.

In "normal" times, when I make a list I usually revisit it every two weeks or so. Some organizers don't even announce dates until a month before the event so it really is a living document.

If I were to make a list and then post it to The CABE it would obligate me to monitor the status of anything I share. It would be irresponsible to compile a list of date sensitive info, especially now, and walk away from it. That's not me. Since these are decidedly not normal times that's a bigger commitment than it ordinarily would be. It's why I'm only inquiring about the few events in the PA/NY/WV tri-state area (maybe MI & MD too).

I'm also well aware that the organizers of these events usually post here as soon as details are made public. I certainly don't want to imply that I'm in any way suddenly becoming the source of any original info. But, for me, it sure helps to have everything on one list. Even if only a handful of other folks make use of it that's okay. If it helps it's worth the effort.

And I think a list like this would be especially helpful now that things are so fluid. I could update the list the moment I learn of any changes or updates. It would be a single, easy spot to check for updates. And I have to admit, since I've joined The CABE, I've been on the site every day. :rolleyes: I don't see that changing any time soon...

E=-)

Theres usually a swap meet in asbury park nj in march, and I think theres going to be another kutztown swap meet in the spring but not certain

Here's an updated list. Just dates and locations for now. If the dates are zeros I have no info yet, if you see dates listed then they have been published for 2021.

Jan 24 [Sun]: Butler, PA

Feb or Mar 00 [Sat]: Asbury Park, NJ

Mar-Oct 00-00 [last Sat of the month]: Fairborn, OH

Apr 00-00 [Thu-Sat]: Bowling Green, OH (Memory Lane)

May 00-00 [Fri-Sun]: Trexlertown, PA
May 22-23 [Sat/Sun]: Ann Arbor, MI

Jun 4 [Fri]: Copake, NY
Jun 5 & 6 [Sat/Sun]: Pittsburgh, PA

Aug 21 & 22 [Sat/Sun]: Pittsburgh, PA

Sep 00-00 [Fri-Sun]: Trexlertown, PA
Sep 00-00 [Thu-Sat]: Hartville, OH

Oct 00-00 [Thu-Sat]: Bowling Green, OH (Memory Lane)

Not listing Kutztown for now.

Is Howe Caverns, NY happening anymore?

E=-)

Asbury Park show (Second Life Bikes) is typically Feb/March but it's indoors. It's a small space so they're not able to host this year. They may postpone til Spring or it just may not happen. I'll update you when I hear from them!

Just added the Wethersfield CT Bicycle Festival Show and Swap Meet to the calendar tentatively (depending on covid safety and final approval as we get closer). June 13th in the AM if we can do it this year.

TENTATIVE Bicycle Show Flier SAVE THE DATE- 2021.jpg

Back