When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a correct reflector for a Miss America Elgin?

-

popawheelie

Finally riding a big boys bike
I took off the nub left by a reflector (I'm assuming) on the rear fender of my Miss America and I'd like to put on the "correct" reflector which must fit in that hole just above the Drop stand clip. I can't find any photos of the rear of a Miss America Elgin, so what reflector is correct for the bike? Can you provide a photo of a MA with a reflector on the back?It's a 1939 from what I've ascertained.
Mike

[email protected]

Wow, I didn't know this was such a rare bike. Anyone know the correct reflectors for the 1939 Miss America??

I have a '39 and a '41. My 39 has a canister tailight but no reflector. My '41 has a white rubber (or what is left of it) reflector housing for an oblong relector much like the late 40s Shelby reflectors. I looked on Dave Strombergers sight and the '40 model shown in the archives does not have a rear reflector either. You may search this and some other sight to see. I believe the rubber reflector was unique to the '41 (last year) MA. v/r Shawn

OKay then, since it isn't a "have to" item, I'll just fill up the hole and eliminate the reflector.
Thanks for the info you provided, I appreciate your help!
Mike Siddons

Last edited:
Back