When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is there a source for buying Schwinn Kickstand retaining pins?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

49autocycledeluxe

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have far more Schwinn Kickstands than I do frames to put them on. I have no pins for any of them.

I see the pins for 10 bucks shipped on Ebay, I'm too cheap to pay 10 bucks a pop.

I probably need like 10 of them.

any sources out there for these??

Yeah, why are these pins so non existent?
They should be readily available.
I guess they just aren’t glamorous/valuable enough for reproduction.

I have far more Schwinn Kickstands than I do frames to put them on. I have no pins for any of them.

I see the pins for 10 bucks shipped on Ebay, I'm too cheap to pay 10 bucks a pop.

I probably need like 10 of them.

any sources out there for these??

Yea, these are one of the parts that when you need one, you are at the mercy of those who hold the grail.

I would think a pan head sheet metal screw would work in a pinch if you could find one with the similar size and shape of the OE pins?

Last edited:
They were plentiful at actual Schwinn shops, but the shops are not so slowly dying off. $10 is just the fine for dropping/losing one. Lol

Think about it in terms of shipping though. Who would want to ship a single 10 cent item when the envelope costs just as much as the part, probably more....likely to get lost in handling...and if you sell in bulk, your stash is gone pretty quick. Hardware stores(proper ones) seem to be going to the wayside as well. ☹️

Back