When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is there a source for buying Schwinn Kickstand retaining pins?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I wonder what size screw and type of head it would take to whittle one of those with a grinder and dremel. 🤣 I've been really lucky and never had to find or replace one. But now that I said that, tomorrow I'll need one.

Edit

Maybe a 10-24 / 8-32 socket cap screw, or a metric socket low head?

1651648018507.png

Last edited:
Got the dimensions...Do with This information as you please. Nails or Rivets, whatever works for you. Nails just aren't something I work with, but rivets I see quite a bit of options.
This is the important outer diameter that will let the pin fit in the housing hole.
IMG_20220504_1400082.jpg

The fatter "hat" portion can't be much thicker than this to fit in the channel of the kickstand collar and still function to retain.
IMG_20220504_1401063.jpg

IMG_20220504_1400348.jpg

IMG_20220504_1359299.jpg

The 2 on the left are just some examples of 5/32" Rivets I have in the bin. Left one is aluminum but I know they make steel heads just as thick. Right one is the actual schwinn pin.
IMG_20220504_1418155.jpg

Back