When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there an AEROCYCLE thread that compares features/paint etc over the years

-
There is a schematic for wiring up the Aerocycle on Bicyclechronicles.com
At least there used to be.
The format of that site has changed, and that information may not be available anymore.
The wire used, was armored 18 awg.

Last edited:
So who repainted the blue one and boy was that a stupid move. The paint on it looked better than most of my original paint bikes that aren't even half as rare as an Aerocycle.

atadegan-1.jpg

So you guys are saying that this bike got re painted?

If that's the case, what a bummer!
It probably looks like it was dipped in plastic now.

Can anyone help me with the geometry of a my Aerocycle frame It was broken then fixed, but I think now the frame is shorter than it was before it broke? Help! :confused:View attachment 169346 (the different lengths)
Top tube: two lengths (1)____ (2) ____
Down tube:_____
Seat tube:__13 1/4"__

Thank,
jack

I was able to measure the seat tube but for anything else I would have to remove the tank which is a somewhat involved process. According to the '35 literature the frame was offered in two sizes: 16" and 18". Mine measures 18" from the center of the crank hanger to the top of the seat tube. V/r Shawn

Regarding the paint scheme pictured is the '34 dealer brochure. As you can clearly see there is no fender dart. I have seen pics of original paint bikes without the dart as well. Possibly the very early bikes did not have the dart?

DSC_0085.JPG

Also from the '34 brochure notice that the fork stop is not present. The '35 literature I have does not show the fork stop either but I think that is because they recycled the '34 pic for '35. Also as I noted above the '35 lit mentions two different frame sizes-16" & 18". Lastly going back to something Marty said earlier about the '36 being a carry over model; first I haven't seen any '36 lit listing the Aerocycle, secondly, if it was offered in '36, the precedent of keeping the previous deluxe model in the line-up was set by the B10E which is shown at least through the '35 catalog meaning the B10E, Aerocycle, and newly introduced Cycleplane (Motorbike) were all available at the same time. So here are my thoughts on what we have so far. I believe the very early '34s didn't have the dart or the fork stop which were introduced at some point that year. I also question whether the Aerocycle was carried through to the '36 year. V/r Shawn
DSC_0084.JPG

Back