When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is thie a Peugeot px10?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So, I've serviced both wheels & stripped down & re-greased the cassette. I noticed that 3 of teeth on the 20T cog & 4 on the 24T cog are looking a little short, probably snapped off at some stage, so was wondering if they will still be OK?

View attachment 1340648

View attachment 1340647

Another question I had was if I want to change this bike to a 10 speed by adding a front derailleur, can I just bolt on a new front 40T cog or do I need to change the whole crank set?
Probably not snapped and made that way for gear changes

Ok so it's been a while. I'm having clearance/centering issues with the new rear wheel, so need to play around with some new spacers to get the wheel centered in the frame. When the wheel is put in & tightened the small cog is catching on the little nut bit that the hanger is held on by so need to replace it for another type if I can, maybe something like this? https://www.wiggle.co.uk/pilo-engin...ZIzQiTTSJjUoFvF41mBoChUcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
It's either that or weld the derailleur to the frame & repaint it. If anyone's got advice about what to do I'm all ears.

Ok so it's been a while. I'm having clearance/centering issues with the new rear wheel, so need to play around with some new spacers to get the wheel centered in the frame. When the wheel is put in & tightened the small cog is catching on the little nut bit that the hanger is held on by so need to replace it for another type if I can, maybe something like this? https://www.wiggle.co.uk/pilo-engin...ZIzQiTTSJjUoFvF41mBoChUcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
It's either that or weld the derailleur to the frame & repaint it. If anyone's got advice about what to do I'm all ears.

I only mess with the early 60's Schwinn's geared bikes that use the Huret derailleurs. I wonder if the mounting bolt and barrel nut on those is something you need. The nut actually sits in the rear of drop out and protrudes very little past the drop out with a small flange clamping to the drop out. Part #'s 1801 1802. If your cog hits that, then you'll need to adjust the hub. Maybe a locknut on the cone is missing?

Your frame may be spaced for a 5 - 7 speed. The wheel may have to be re dished for a 7 speed or spread the chain stays. I have a similar Peugeot that I got out of a dumpster behind a bike shop. The 27 inch wheels were shot so an old set I had laying around 700c were used as replacements and the MAFAC brakes fit the rims. The front Simplex derailleur was snapped at the plastic so a Huret bottom pull from an old Schwinn was used. The hex bolt in the stem was rounded so I welded a key to it and removed it. The metric crank removal threads were stripped because the bike shop used a BSA puller instead of a French one. I used pickle forks to remove the crank arms so I could service the bottom bracket. It’s a 70s boom bike but I like it.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back