When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this 51'Columbia w/rust worth $520 as is?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi,
This is the best place to learn. Find yourself a basic 50s or 60s bike from a garage sale or thrift store that needs cleaning and lube and go at it. It's not that hard, really. When I was growing up in the 60s the guys on my block would find abandoned bikes in orchards and vacant lots around Cupertino. Bring them home and tear them apart, grease, oil, replace bearings then jump curbs and ride them in the hills on trails. we'd cut fork blades and bolt them on to extend forks and make choppers. We were just 10 year olds with a few wrenches, screwdrivers and a hacksaw. And of course the scars from all our failures and crashes.;) Those quick and dirty home made chopper forks never lasted more than a few days.

Gary

Hi,
This is the best place to learn. Find yourself a basic 50s or 60s bike from a garage sale or thrift store that needs cleaning and lube and go at it. It's not that hard, really. When I was growing up in the 60s the guys on my block would find abandoned bikes in orchards and vacant lots around Cupertino. Bring them home and tear them apart, grease, oil, replace bearings then jump curbs and ride them in the hills on trails. we'd cut fork blades and bolt them on to extend forks and make choppers. We were just 10 year olds with a few wrenches, screwdrivers and a hacksaw. And of course the scars from all our failures and crashes.;) Those quick and dirty home made chopper forks never lasted more than a few days.

Gary
Ya, these things aren't that hard to work on. When I was 9 or 10, I converted my banana seat bike into a bmx with my lawn mowing money. I also found a Schwinn stingray in my grandparents old garage when I was 10, stripped it down to nothing, repainted it, and built it back to its original glory. Kinda. I grew up in the 70's and 80's, and bikes were our freedom man.
Ride on
Sean

Back