When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is This a Bicycle Headlight???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
T

The Junkologist

I have had this light for about 30 years and it just occurred to me that it might be a bicycle headlight. What do you guys think? It was made by The Inshield Products Co. of Toledo, Ohio. The lens has the company name and "Inshield" embossed across the top and "spreadlight" embossed on the bottom. The lens is four inches in diameter. Thanks.:)

Attachments

• 2009_0131spreadlight0001.JPG
    2009_0131spreadlight0001.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 2009_0131spreadlight0002.JPG
    2009_0131spreadlight0002.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 2009_0131spreadlight0003.JPG
    2009_0131spreadlight0003.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 35
I can see evidence of there being a mounting clamp around the stem that sticks out the back of this light. I saw this photo of Kunzog's Indian in another thread and thought that my light could mount right in the same bracket. I suppose it could be for a motorcycle. It's definitely too small for an automobile.

Indianrtside-1.jpg

I have never seen that lamp in bicycle use.

The face plate with mounting screws looks like it was designed to mount on a board and the rear of the light looks like it was designed to accept an early socket connector. It may have been designed to function as some sort of auxiliary automotive light like a trunk light.

I found this on the internet; it may be the same company

Name: Inshield Die & Stamping Co
Street: 1931 East Manhattan Boulevard
Toledo, OH 43608-1534
Phone: (419) 726-1501

Phil

Back