When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a "clincher" rim?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JBone

Finally riding a big boys bike
I am new to pre 40's bicycles and have a bicycle that I feel has 28 inch,"single tube" tires on "clincher" rims.

These rims are all steel, black paint, 36 hole with the spokes set in an alternating offset pattern. Current whitewall tires are ancient, hard as a rock and the sidewalls so deteriorated that there in no legible information present. Rear coaster hub is a N.D. 20 tooth x 1/2"

I've spent days reviewing threads here and looking at photos yet this rim profile with the drop centre/raised rib is not like the smooth radius steel G&J clincher rim.

I have some Rubena beaded tires lined up but need to be certain that I should not be looking for a wire beaded tire instead.

Thank You

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

Does anyone have any information or insight on “WHITE GOLD” tires?

What era would this tire have been given the white sidewall?

This is a bit of a mystery bike yet I’m quite in love with both the machine and the mystery.

Today I took it down from the ceiling to get a good look at the non drive side and found this tire lettering staring at me.

IMG_0811.jpeg

Does anyone have any information or insight on “WHITE GOLD” tires?

What era would this tire have been given the white sidewall?

This is a bit of a mystery bike yet I’m quite in love with both the machine and the mystery.

Today I took it down from the ceiling to get a good look at the non drive side and found this tire lettering staring at me.

View attachment 1841128
White wall black button tread?
I would guess 20's?
Never seen that white gold script

Back