When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is This a Colson?

-

NoControl

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi Folks,

Got this bike yesterday from a bike co-op that gives bikes to the homeless and those in need. I traded them six bikes that were more modern. The bikes I traded them were freebies, so other than my time I got this "Colson" for nothing.

The lady I spoke with called it a Colson, but I have my doubts. No headbadge of course. All the research I've done so far have not found any matches or similarities to this serial number: K205731

Can you guys help me? I'm new to the old-bike game.

EN9jMSq.jpg

Tsb3ydN.jpg

SrRsatG.jpg

v7L0Szf.jpg

yVBdAbI.jpg

61YXAHW.jpg

J5uG1n9.jpg

BiGa3JU.jpg

Qa4inWC.jpg

I just compared this bike to a 1947 Columbia frame that I already had, and its an exact match. The only difference being that the serial number on the one I already had starts with an L.

Nice Bike and a Good Trade... I also own a `46 Columbia. It is one of my favorite riders. You could perk yours up a little bit. On Ebay in the past few months You can add a reproduction Tank with horn unit, deluxe Chainguard, and a nice Rack at a very reasonable price. These parts come unpainted, which is perfect for your application. I added a set to my bike. Parts fit good and make a plain bike into a Deluxe. A Repro Headlight would complete your package. Good Luck with your New Treasure,---God Bless,---Cowboy

Back