When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is this a GIOS

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
D

dynaMO

Hello,

I bought a bike sold to me as an overpainted GIOS.
The pre-owner told me that he had to have an expertise to get the original GIOS decals about 20 years ago.
Therefore I believed that this is a REAL ONE.
Comparing available pictures of vintage GIOS-classics now it seems to me that it might be a fake.
There is no serial number
So before I start a restauration I need to know if its worth it.
It would be very kind if you take a look at the attached pictures and tell me more?

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• seatlug_and_stay.jpg
    seatlug_and_stay.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 125
  • between_the_chainstays.jpg
    between_the_chainstays.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 95
  • reardropouts_drilled_campyengraved.jpg
    reardropouts_drilled_campyengraved.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 96
  • fork_top.jpg
    fork_top.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 116
  • BB_wo_SN.jpg
    BB_wo_SN.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 91
some of the guys on the cr list know Italian bikes very well--I'd first try there.
And BTW what did it cost ---looks to be a nice frame even if it isn't what you first thought.

Thank you Sam

I'll try it there.
The price I paid was 65 EUR (100$).
The bike iswas equipped with a Shimano Crane rear derailleur, Dura Ace 1st gen. front derailleur, crank set, headset and brakes/brake levers a 3ttt stem the 3ttt supperleggero handlebar, so that I think the price is OK.
I did some research and found out that it may be an ITALJET or TORPADO but i can't find out which model it might be. So I'll try it with the CR list.

Gios Torino... Doubt it...

These pictures do not look like a Gios. Do you have more pictures of the lug work? I might have a better idea with more images.

Mine has Gios-embossed lugs, seatstays, and drops (mid 80s). Very different frame design than yours. Nice frame though.

Back