When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a good buy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Unfortunately, I have bought a few without asking for better pics or other angles not seen and even taken some peoples word. But it’s really easy for the seller to take a few pics and message them to you. If they don’t want to, there may be a reason they didn’t post them in the auction. Might just be an oversight, but could just as easily be “creative advertising”, lol. Looks like a great bike tho. Grips are wrong and the headlight is an added one. I think it should have a delta rocket ray on the front fender like the one in the ad the seller posted a pic of. But basically looks pretty complete and overall pretty nice for a 67 year old bike. And the racks are always bent up like that. You’d be hard pressed to find a bike in worn condition with an unbent rack. Hope this helps. Keep us posted!
Great feedback. Will do.

....so, the item description says, completely overhauled with new tires, tubes, bearings, chain and grips. Couple questions/observations: does the value depreciate because the bearings and chain have been replaced and no longer original; and if you look closely at the photo of the chain guard, the tire in the background looks cracked and not new. Not a big issue but a small concern.

....so, the item description says, completely overhauled with new tires, tubes, bearings, chain and grips. Couple questions/observations: does the value depreciate because the bearings and chain have been replaced and no longer original; and if you look closely at the photo of the chain guard, the tire in the background looks cracked and not new. Not a big issue but a small concern.
Chances are the bearings and chain were cleaned up and regressed, not replaced. The tires don’t look like new ones to me. I wouldn’t sweat it. The value on this type of bike isn’t affected much by stuff like that. You get into high dollar bikes that people pay big bucks for because of originality, people start to get a little more picky about stuff like that. But this bike is a cool, worn rider. Make an offer on it that you are comfortable with. If you get it for that, ride the heck out of it and enjoy it. If you don’t, keep looking. They pop up often enough. This happens to be my very favorite basic Schwinn platform. I’ve bought no less than 12-15 in the last year right off of this site. But with that said, a basically all original one that is still in presentable condition and is available for a reasonable price doesn’t come up every day. Go for it!

The only way I buy this bike is if I love it and am not worried about the money when it comes time to sell. There are plenty of balloon tire Schwinns out there. Rather than settle for something why don't you run a wanted ad here on the CABE for exactly what you would like to have? I think you can do better for the money. V/r Shawn

The guy has 8 positives in the last year ( total of 109 feed backs) He has been a ebay member since 1999 under the same moniker. He doesn't sell or buy that much on the bay .Doesn't make him a scammer. If it feels right to you go for it ,i would Make an offer first .

upload_2018-1-26_6-31-26.png

At $750 to your door I'd suggest: keep looking. At $650, I still think it's a pass.
The condition just isn't there on either side of the coin...doesn't have that indescribable "look".

I appreciate all the feedback! From the first few replies I felt really good about the find and was ready to go for it...but from the recent posts, the more practical side of me has kicked in. I do like the bike but don't think it's my forever bike. So from the sound of it, it's an an ok find but not a drop everything and make an offer bike (if that were the case someone would have already bought it) I guess I need to start somewhere to gain experience! I'll let you know what I decide...

Chances are the bearings and chain were cleaned up and regressed, not replaced. The tires don’t look like new ones to me. I wouldn’t sweat it. The value on this type of bike isn’t affected much by stuff like that. You get into high dollar bikes that people pay big bucks for because of originality, people start to get a little more picky about stuff like that. But this bike is a cool, worn rider. Make an offer on it that you are comfortable with. If you get it for that, ride the heck out of it and enjoy it. If you don’t, keep looking. They pop up often enough. This happens to be my very favorite basic Schwinn platform. I’ve bought no less than 12-15 in the last year right off of this site. But with that said, a basically all original one that is still in presentable condition and is available for a reasonable price doesn’t come up every day. Go for it!
Thanks for keeping the opportunity open for me to make an offer
View attachment 743846

At $750 to your door I'd suggest: keep looking. At $650, I still think it's a pass.
The condition just isn't there on either side of the coin...doesn't have that indescribable "look".
I agree. My biggest concern was the condition.

Back