When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is This A Mead Ranger?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

OldRider

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I found this old girl on trash day in an alley near my home. The headbadge says its a Ranger and on another bike forum they pegged it as a Mead Ranger from the 20's or 30's. It was complete with generator head and tail light and a Wright saddle. Missing is the chain guard and handlebar grips. What sort of grips were used in this era? Just your regular old plastic ones? Also,if indeed this is a Mead does anyone know where to get a chainguard?

Attachments

• 100_0002.jpg
    100_0002.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 325
meade should be on the badge. there is no chain gauard and the seat and fender looks like english.. need better picks for id. amazing what is considered trash.

looks like a Canadian CCM bike
The Mead compamy did have factories in England and sold english mead bikes.

I thought of the CCM Ranger too, but I have 1940 CCM Rambler and it has CCM stamped out in the chain ring, this Ranger does not. Sorry I can't post a better pic, daughter took the camera home. Thanks for your input folks.

On second thought you just might be correct......I found this picture on www.oldroads.com. The chain ring is almost identical to mine and not stamped CCM.

Attachments

• fdbdown.jpg
    fdbdown.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Looks similar to the bike I just picked up. What kind of hub does it have? It could be an eaton's glider if it is a Perry. They also came with the Wright saddles. Attached is a picture of mine.

Attachments

• eatons glider side.jpg
    eatons glider side.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 130
From what I can see there is absolutely no marking on the hub, all I see is "patent Pending" thats all. I do have a CCM with a Perry hub, and Perry is stamped on the coaster brake arm, not on the Ranger.

I am all out of ideas for you. I wish I could be more help.

J

Back