When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a military ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I had this strange bicycle bag laying around. Drab canvas and leather.. It straps to the bars.....upon looking at it I realized it might be military... if so what would it be used for and is it ww1... thanks

Looks a nice item, perhaps its just for maps and touring items when Travelling around the country like maps, compass, and the like ,that we take for granted these days,
Still a very nice piece,

I agree with Serge. It looks very similar to early hunting equipment. Relatively light canvas with decorative leather reinforcement , nice big drain holes. Simple string straps (elastic?) and hooks to hold the front and back flaps closed. Not indicative of a military piece of equipment. Very similar to a shot bag for small game hunting or trap and skeet. But, I’ve been wrong before.

It straps to the handle bars 2 on the bars and one on the neck.. it could carry ammo easily .its a fabric cord and a heavy canvas / leather construction.. ..don't think hunting but it's possible one could use a bicycle to hunt (birds?).with but who knows..lol

Back