When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a real Harley

-
Bike looks legit. About the only thing I question is the drop stand and the front fender brace was replaced with a homemade piece. You would think for $15k would get more than an eight word description! Would be nice to see the serial number. Strong coin it will be interesting to see if someone pops. V/r Shawn

Not saying this means anything but. I always have a habit when someone is selling something pretty good on Ebay to look at their other items for sale and their completed items. In this case dresses, broken cell phones and parts, new HD license plate frames and poker chips. This makes my mind roam. They got pretty lucky if turns out legit. Bike still looks good to me.

The more I look the less convinced I am. Luckily for me I don't want it so I don't have to worry about it.

I heard, that an H-D was picked up at the Turlock meet over the weekend.
Yuba City is up that way.
Possibly that bike?
I don’t know.
This picture is interesting. Davis used a “Fishmouth” construction technique to build their frames.
17731DD2-F644-40D1-8313-69B0383D681C.jpeg

These marks could be innocuous, maybe just remnants of the pinstripes, but if those are the frame joints peeking through, that I doubt that’s a Davis frame.
But, I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me if I’m just seeing things.

From looking at the EBay pics it seems the khaki is slapped on over the red, and not done with a lot of prep or that decal would have been damaged by sanding. There is no sign of sanding on the old alligatored red paint and the red seems to have a fair amoutn of wear. I can see some 12 year old just wiping it down and brushing on a thin coat on a sunny afternoon. If this is a teens bike and the original color was red some young man might have slapped on the khaki during the WWI years to make the bike the real McCoy. Then again, maybe this was done much later during WWII by a kid that wanted a bike in military colors?

Is it me or does that price seem more appropriate for a mint condition museum bike than a rough barn find? Wish that bike could tell us it's story...cruising the dirt roads along the Yuba River with a cane pole strapped to the frame and a can of night crawlers.

Back