When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a real Harley

-
I don’t claim to have any expertise in this area but the badge keeps getting my attention. They usually just painted over the whole bike including the badge. I don’t see any residual paint on it at all. I suppose they taped it off? Cool none the less!

Here's my 2 cents ( and believe me all it's worth). I have an original chain ring. This one looks good but a couple red flags. One is the "sharp" (worn?) teeth. Seen that on re-pops. They usually square off more. The other is all the "imperfections" in the letters that the originals have, are present, but look's like filed to produce those imperfections. Also the head badge looks good, but the inner middle texture looks a little uneven in wear. If somebody did "fake" this bike they went to a lot of trouble, but for fifteen grand they mite have. I have seen vintage Fender guitars that were faked with patina and almost indistinguishable from a $30,000 original. It's a crazy world out there.

Here's the underside

Screenshot_20200129-091638_Facebook.jpg

Just my 2 cents as I have been working on and staring at one for a few months. It looks legit, but there's some little things that just don't make it feel like 15k, suppose it depends on how much you want one.
I'm having paint envy....looks like sun baked original....just my opinion.
I agree that if its it's fake then good job, but looks more correct than not.

Back