When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a Spaceliner / Flightliner rim?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
20180712_092240.jpeg

Is this a Spaceliner rear rim? If I may ask another question, does is this the same rim on a 1959 JC Higgins Flightliner? This was attached to an old junk Huffy I had bought as a "Take it all deal". As you can see , it has received a number of cots of paint. Thanks

If that's chrome under the paint, it's possible. It's known as a 'drop center' rim, used on countless bikes from the 40s to the late 80s. The brake hub would narrow it down, a Bendix red band is a typical 60s item.

If that's chrome under the paint, it's possible. It's known as a 'drop center' rim, used on countless bikes from the 40s to the late 80s. The brake hub would narrow it down, a Bendix red band is a typical 60s item.
Yes sir, it has a bendix red band, and appears to be chrome under the layers of paint. Thanks again

Some Spaceliner and Flightliner rims havd the lettering "M.O. MFG." stamped on them, although a '61 Flightliner I'm looking at right now doesn't, so ?

Is there anyplace in particular the M.O. MFG would be stamped? Like near the valve hole or something. Thanks

Yes sir, it has a bendix red band, and appears to be chrome under the layers of paint. Thanks again
After hours of scrubbing off layers of paint. Goof off didn't do much, Stripper worked okay.All this to find that the the rim is NOT chrome at all.:eek: It appears to have originally been painted white with a red pin stripe. I guess I see another project for the paint booth.

Back