When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a Stover bicycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rideahiggins

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Is this a Hickory bicycle?

I have this frame and crank. I saw another post about a Stover bicycle and this one has a similar funky BB with a grease fitting. Not a Stover. Can anyone tell me if it is a Hickory or just what it is? I don't have the front fork.
008.jpg
007.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
003.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what it is, but it appears to be a very early style frame around 1893 - 95 or so.
It also appears that the crank arm is not threaded and would take a type of pedal with the "nut" on the end.
Someone here will know what it actually is. There's quite a bit of knowledge here on The Cabe!!

not a Stover of any year. Crank is way to primitive even for a Stover of the hard tired safety era (1891-1892 for Stover). From the Stover Bicycle Manufacturing Co.'s camp, the feminine bicycles had curved bars, not straight.

Last edited:
Still have this bike @rideahiggins ?
I bought a Lovell Diamond Excell that matches many features of this bike, if I had to guess I would say that's what you have here (if you do indeed still have it)

Back