When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a tank for a 20" Schwinn??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Greg M.

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello.
Wondering if this is a tank for a 20" straight bar 50's Schwinn.
I show the length next to to the tape measure.
Thanks for your help.

Greg M.
DSC06467.JPG

It looks like a 20". I measured my 24" and it is longer than yours. Are you looking to use it, sell it or trade?

Thanks for the input.
I only have this half right now.
Crossing my fingers the other half can be located!

Greg M.

This could very well be a girl's tank. 20" Schwinn girl's tanks have a special bracket inside to hold the tank in place on the smaller frame. Any other girl's Schwinn tank will slide down on the 20" Schwinn frame.

Yes, Thats a 20" boys tank. Good luck finding the other half. With regard to girls tanks from the 50's, the girls tank is the same size for a 26",24", and 20". They will not slide down if it is a true ballooner frame. Thats why boys 20" tank bikes sell for a fortune and girls tanks are a dime a dozen. Hope this helps. Mike

20" tank

Can you post a photo of the inside of this tank? Also, for the record, yes all girl's Schwinn tanks are the same size, but a true girl's 20" tank has different brackets for the 20" frame.

Here is that picture...

The original owner I bought this off of is looking for the other half with a nice cash reward.
Thanks.
Greg

Attachments

• Schwinn tanks 009.JPG
    Schwinn tanks 009.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 77
Back