When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this an aerocycle frame?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Salt Flat Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
I posted over in the general discussion asking for help identifying this bike, but as I was looking through pictures I found a pic of an aerocycle during restoration and it looked really similar. This bike has the tab to stop the fork from hitting the tank and I can't see any holes for a headbadge. I picked it up today having no idea really what it was. It's pretty rough but seems fairly solid. It's obviously missing a lot of parts and has some wrong ones, but I thought it was a cool bike.
Any info would be appreciated!Any info would be appreciated!
camel4.jpg

camel1.jpg

camel2.jpg

I'm no expert but that doesn't look like a Schwinn frame to me just looking at the top bar. The fork is definitely not Schwinn.

I posted over in the general discussion asking for help identifying this bike, but as I was looking through pictures I found a pic of an aerocycle during restoration and it looked really similar. This bike has the tab to stop the fork from hitting the tank and I can't see any holes for a headbadge. I picked it up today having no idea really what it was. It's pretty rough but seems fairly solid. It's obviously missing a lot of parts and has some wrong ones, but I thought it was a cool bike.
View attachment 871903
View attachment 871904

View attachment 871905

Looks like a '36 Schwinn frame to me. My vote is yes.

View attachment 871903

Right-click on the images you have posted.
This window will pop up:
Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 5.29.24 AM.png

Click on “Inspect Element”.
This window will open up.
Camel.png

The photos jpg files (red asterick) has them listed as “camel”.
I hope this can be of some help.

The serial number is in a post in a different section - H2334 - looks like '35
Thanks for that, I thought I posted that picture over here too. In person it looks like the serial could possibly be H2884. I don't know if that makes a difference?

Back