When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this an Alien light

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bleedingfingers

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have this light and would like some info .
It has an aluminium top and a plastic clear green and red lens Delta stamped in the bottom .
It does not have the flat tail like some I have seen but looks more like a torpedo light .
IMG_7281_zpslsctyiec.jpg

NO THATS FOR A
I have this light and would like some info .
It has an aluminium top and a plastic clear green and red lens Delta stamped in the bottom .
It does not have the flat tail like some I have seen but looks more like a torpedo light .
IMG_7281_zpslsctyiec.jpg
NO THATS FOR A MONARK

That is a Hawthorne Airliner head light. Your version is the earlier pre war one. Light was first available in 40/41. There is also an all steel version that was available post war as well, although on that one the top wasn't held on by a screw but was attached with two spring loaded clips.
The light was mainly sold as an accessory but was shown on some post war bikes.

Here's the catalog pic from FW 40-41, from the Elgin/Wards book available from Scott M. (CABE owner) on eBay. His copies are much clearer than the old version I have.
image.jpeg

Also a pic of the insides of a post war version showing the two clips.
image.png

Thanks for the info think I'm going to sell this one or try and trade it for a good skip tooth chain
here's a pic of the inside of mine no real rust that i can see few small dings and scratches on top
also has a cracked lens but I 'm surprised it is still there .
I put batteries in and it fired right up

IMG_7279_zpsswwkdqwa.jpg

Back