When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this bike and rims worth anything?

-
Not trying to be mean.
Just throwing a little humor in there to match yours.

Only asking for help, and really appreciating the helpful post I'm getting.

Realistically I do not think I could get anywhere near that price. Sure would be nice though. After researching a little I think I'll try around the $250 range for the whole lot.

You all have a great forum here with lots of nice folks.

I'm loving all the photos of bikes you all have shared. Wish I was as talented as many of you!

Be. Polite.. Meds?
Your post says Wheels 100.00 each
rest of bike 250.00

Total 450.00
Your Thread
Your Question
Good Luck again on your sale
I will follow it. Very Interesting

Looking over the bike I think I found the serial number down by the rear wheel.
It is CF46757.
I take it that the serial number will tell me year and model, anything else?
Thank you for the help.

what's the serial number of the frame, it should start with two letters

Looking over the bike I think I found the serial number down by the rear wheel.
It is CF46757.
I take it that the serial number will tell me year and model, anything else?
Thank you for the help.

The serial number will tell you what year the bike was made in most cases, but not all. That number was stamped on the dropout and recorded in March 1970. It is only a serial number and nothing else so no other information is associated with that number.

With two drum brake wheels, springer, stickshift, good frame and cranks and bars I'm thinking $400 would be the minimum you should be able to get.

PeteinGH,
If your anywhere close to Kalamazoo there's a bike show/ swap meet there on Aug 23, take that with you and i'm sure you will find plenty of interested buyers. Other post's are right, don't give it away. My 2 c

Thanks so much everyone for your input.
I'm only an hour from Kalamazoo and will check out that option along with local bike shops. I'm very happily surprise that these items are worth something. Sure I'm glad I saved them from the trash!
Will let you all know what I end up selling these for.

Back