When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this bike worth restoring?

-

mrak1127

Look Ma, No Hands!
I don't know what year this Montgomery Ward is but wonder if it's worth restoring. Please give opinions as my feelings won't be hurt if in your opinion it isn't salvageable. Sorry only 2 pics to see.
Thanks

P1020967.JPG

P1020969.JPG

is it a 20" Wheel bike ? It looks like the fork is bent back towards the bike. What is your intention with this bike ? If it will make a child happy , and give 'em a bike to ride ...................then maybe a re-paint and tune up . I'm leaning towards very low collectors value.................I personally would not invest much at all in it ( For re-Sale ) I guess it comes down to what it's purpose will be . J.M.H.O. :oops:

I would say, that it’s not worth much to restore it, but it certainly would be worth refurbishing.
Meaning, straighten out what’s bent, replace what’s missing, and then give it a service of the bearings with a light clean up along the way, and you’ve just brought another one back from the brink.
Some kid, or big guy who thinks he’s still a kid would probably love to have it.

Is this your bike? Considering buying?
Better pictures I'm thinking would help. To me (I'm far from expert, barely a novice), so much depends on condition.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

unless its like your bike when u were young or somthing like that ,the market for restored bikes isnt there anymore

Find a chrome tubular fork and see if u can locate a forged (Schwinn) gooseneck.Install quality pedals.

Only spend enough money to make it rideable. Otherwise you'll be upside down with no place for it. I did a bike like this a couple of years ago and tried to give it to the city for their Bikes and Trikes for Tots Christmas program. I was told "Thanks, but no thanks." No one wants that style of bike now days. They knew that they wouldn't even be able to give it away. Might be worth something in parts.

Not really worth anything so it would be a good candidate for having fun. Have at it and do what ya want !

Back