When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is This Bike Worth The Money??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The gap is definitely from using a girls fork but that can be cut and frame is a mid 50's with og welded in kick stand mount and a @Miq they are great frames, I guess it comes down to the quality of the rims/tires to see if it's worth $100-200.

@mrg my issue was with the fork, agreed it’s a great frame. I like the funky factory welds and I am pretty fond of the character of ratty paint.

I can see the girls fork being longer and needing to be cut down. The fork right now is being supported by the truss rods alone? That is scary, right?

With wheels, tires, crank, chainring, pedals, the price doesn’t seem that off.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg
@Boggs1 I’m starting to see @mrg ‘s point after rereading the thread. I was trying to be encouraging but cautious and didn’t answer your basic question. Is the bike worth the money?

If you are building a beach bike or a klunker, and can devote the time/effort to dealing with the needed mechanical mods, these parts could be gold. This curved middle bar 3 gill Roadmaster frame is my favorite to ride right now. The Klunker I built from a similar slightly earlier built Roadmaster frame is super fun to ride. I hoped you could see the potential in the finished pic I included. The paint on the frame you posted is organic and cool if you ask me, and it looks like the frame is straight and not damaged, and would make a great rider. The crank, chainring, pedals, wheels, tires and seat all might be ok to reuse but more modern alternatives are easy to add. If you think they add value then the asking price is really attractive. If you are looking to just use the frame and fork (with some modifications) $250 seems a little to high to me.

I would never try to talk for @mrg but I think what he is trying to remind us of is to not judge a frame by the cosmetics, especially if you are making a Klunker or beach bike. The frame is old and not restored. The factory welds were purposely made big at the head tube to give it a smooth transition. It looks a little odd without the paint hiding it, but it’s legit, like the integrated kickstand. The ladies fork is not right for the frame, but if there are enough threads at the top or you thread down some more, you could cut it down and it would fit and be ok. The crown race looks ok in the pics, it just doesn’t fit inside the head tube yet. The fact that it already has a stem that fits correctly in the fork is a step in the right direction. If you like the bars too, that’s probably enough to justify the price.

Here is another very cool rider made from a similar frame by @Bikehaus
1683747197805.jpeg

1683747367014.jpeg

I love how it looks.

@Boggs1 I’m starting to see @mrg ‘s point after rereading the thread. I was trying to be encouraging but cautious and didn’t answer your basic question. Is the bike worth the money?

View attachment 1835855

View attachment 1835857

I love how it looks.

If you are building a beach bike or a klunker, and can devote the time/effort to dealing with the needed mechanical mods, these parts could be gold. This curved middle bar 3 gill Roadmaster frame is my favorite to ride right now. The Klunker I built from a similar slightly earlier built Roadmaster frame is super fun to ride. I hoped you could see the potential in the finished pic I included. The paint on the frame you posted is organic and cool if you ask me, and it looks like the frame is straight and not damaged, and would make a great rider. The crank, chainring, pedals, wheels, tires and seat all might be ok to reuse but more modern alternatives are easy to add. If you think they add value then the asking price is really attractive. If you are looking to just use the frame and fork (with some modifications) $250 seems a little to high to me.

I would never try to talk for @mrg but I think what he is trying to remind us of is to not judge a frame by the cosmetics, especially if you are making a Klunker or beach bike. The frame is old and not restored. The factory welds were purposely made big at the head tube to give it a smooth transition. It looks a little odd without the paint hiding it, but it’s legit, like the integrated kickstand. The ladies fork is not right for the frame, but if there are enough threads at the top or you thread down some more, you could cut it down and it would fit and be ok. The crown race looks ok in the pics, it just doesn’t fit inside the head tube yet. The fact that it already has a stem that fits correctly in the fork is a step in the right direction. If you like the bars too, that’s probably enough to justify the price.

View attachment 1835855

View attachment 1835857

I love how it looks.
To be fair though, I really didn't have to make any mods. I took the entire thing apart, down to every bracket bolt possible (did not remove the steer tube and BB cups) and soaked and scrubbed. I broke the quill wedge and bolt so I replaced those with an era correct one from the local vintage bike supply shop. And I added the chain guard that was from a women's frame (blue paint under the red). As far as mod's, i scrubbed every last bearing down and put them back in as is.

Because of the modified frame (came to me that was... 2" removed from seat tube and bike rewelded back together to make a shorter frame), I will have to make modifications to add a rack and truss rods because the standards don't fit right. Not sure I want to mod them and I might keep her looking like this.

Somebody has to say it.Leave your money in your pocket.Its not worth the money or the time to make it road worthy.MUCH better can be found for half that price, Look past its "beauty" and think about all that has to be done to ride it. I would run even at $100.

Reactions: ian
Back