When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this correctly identified?

-

ozzmonaut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
To me this tank doesn't look prewar or schwinn. Granted, I'm not familiar with the c-model either. But the shape, graphic, and switch, look more like hawthorne or something murray-built to me. Anybody here know more about it?

Not an expert on Schwinns by any means but I do know the seller personally. He is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to anything prewar and especially anything Schwinn. I have seen C-models with the same graphic on it so I would say that it is in fact a prewar C-model tank.

Not an expert on Schwinns by any means but I do know the seller personally. He is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to anything prewar and especially anything Schwinn. I have seen C-models with the same graphic on it so I would say that it is in fact a prewar C-model tank.

Interesting. I spotted that a couple days ago and thought "Nope, not a Schwinn." Learn something new everyday I suppose. I'd like to see a complete original bike that tank's meant for.

Ahhh, ok, just looks like the standard prewar straight bar. Must be the angle/ distortion in the Ebay photo that makes it look unlike Schwinn geometry/ dimensions.

It still looks longer and skinnier than the standards. Maybe that's what the c-model designated was a frame difference. Still, I'm glad to have learned more about it. I meant no disrespect to the seller, the angle really does make it look way different, especially without a pic of the bike to put it in perspective.

Back