When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is This Pre War Westfield Worth Restoring?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

yoerg4

Look Ma, No Hands!
I picked up a few prewar bikes today and this was in the group. I am thinking that this is a 1920's Westfield? It has no badge but the holes are vertical. It is rough, the down tube is tweaked. Is it worth saving or is it a bunch of parts? Thanks for any input!
IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1056.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG

I kinda like the single bar frames, but they sure don't hold up well in a head-on collision:confused:

I have a bicycle in similar condition...I just serviced it and brushed it with rust reformer. It darkened the rusty areas and gave it a bronzed look
image.jpg

From a money standpoint, no. From a historic standpoint, probably if it were not damaged. That is less common than the diamond frame type. Cool, somewhat obscure frame. But not a high value bike either. I would say 1930s-40s bike. The damaged frame is a problem though. I will bet it had an Elgin badge, based on some features here.

Last edited:
You could always clean it, service it, and ride it but not worth a restoration. V/r Shawn

I'm with Shawn, clean it up and ride it the way it is or sell it off to someone that loves the way it looks no. It's not worth restoring but definitely worth riding.

Back