When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this repop?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
thanks meta I was thinking there might have been another period, but couldn't nail it down to say so.. tks.

No problem Jeff. I wanted to add that I'm pretty sure that this EF appearance was only at the headtube and didn't extend to other parts like the bottom bracket shell, in other words the BBs didn't have the shell housing seam and slag rings on the chainstays like the '68 to '73 originals, so that would be another way to tell them apart.

I sure wish somebody who knows the reproduction Krates inside-out would write up a detailed guide to all of the specific years, models, colors, etc. A guide to these would be very helpful as I think they are fooling a lot of people.

Its a BFK,Black Friday Krate, They were given that name by a member of the old Schwinn sponsored forums.I have 2. They were sold @ Wal Mart, on,(you guessed it) Black Friday 2007 for $88.00 initially.I bought my 2nd one for $60.00 on a closeout. This one obviously needs a good cleaning but worth much more than when it was new.They have become somewhat collectible too.Just check completed listings on ebay.They have been parted out for the tires,h/bars,springer. Worth more than $50.00,lol

I sure wish somebody who knows the reproduction Krates inside-out would write up a detailed guide to all of the specific years, models, colors, etc. A guide to these would be very helpful as I think they are fooling a lot of people.

Well I donna much about the reproductions but I see the black Fridays on Craig's list all of the time. they're fooling people who don't know the differences, mainly none collectors, and usually see black, green and blue..

I don't known that they've gotten collectible because, I know of one collector of Schwinn stingrays and he's been trying to get a buck an-a quarter for a blue one for a year now. that's not what I'd call a hot and heavy chase. I've only gotten close to two BF's and they were rust bucket Supremes, appeared to have been made even worse than the phantom repops. .

Might get collectible soon though, cause the supply is disintegrating. [grin]

Last edited:
They did indeed have the smooth joints and the flashing on the chainstays by the btm. brkt. The serial nums. all began with the letter H

So they did have the slag rings on the chainstays like the Chicago bikes? What about the shell seam? Thanks for the info on the serial nos.

Chainstay slag rings (Medium).JPG

BB weld seam (Medium).JPG

Back