When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ISO: Lime Green drop tape

-
Love the Lime in all the different shades!

Lime Bar Tape 005.JPG

Lime Bar Tape 001.JPG

Can you guess which one is Campus Green which is the correct color for a 73 Varsity? If your Varsity is Lime then has to be a 74 model regardless of what Pat's serial number look up says. ;)
I was hoping Schwinn499 or someone else could have helped you out because it took me 40 minutes to move some bikes and then dig out my box of tape that was buried in a mountain of boxes. I'll sell one of the Schwinn bagged rolls and I'll price match what Craig is selling his GREEN tape for. The Schwinn tape is on the right in the first and last picture and it has the red print on the bags.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=121122631336

Lime Bar Tape 003.JPG

My guess is the third one in from the right hand side is the lightest of the Schwinns, and will probably do the trick. The odd thing about this tape (both Schwinn and Hunt Wilde) the lime and campus look exactly the same with light behind. Only when it's on the bars do they appear different.

If it's the lightest in the bag then we're off to the races (as fast as you can go on a 42 pound bike).

Thanks and i'll PM
-d

So you don't want the Campus Green at the far right? :p I'll post a picture(s) of the two rolls of Schwinn bagged Lime.

Here's the two Schwinn bagged rolls. One does look a little darker but the way it's rolled up could be cause. There were multiple shades of all Schwinn's Flexon tape that was made to match the translucent colors over the years. I must have had at least 5 different shades of Coppertone at one time. I've been told the later Lime was called Emerald but I've never actually seen an example of this color so this may be why some of the Lime tape is darker than most. Both bags are unopened and 5 yds. The one on the right is the roll you mentioned above.

Schwinn Lime Tape 007.JPG

Schwinn Lime Tape 004.JPG

Schwinn Lime Tape 003.JPG

Schwinn Lime Tape 002.JPG

Excellent: the one on the right is the one! And thanks for all this confirmation: after a couple of different attempts I thought I was losing my mind

Back