When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found ISO: seat recovering padding and leather

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

vw_guy

Look Ma, No Hands!
If you have, or know where I can buy some thin seat padding and dark brown distressed coffee type color leather. Please let me know! I only need enough to cover 1 seat, era 1940's shelby made hiawatha type seat.

Last edited:
Tandy for the leather or Amazon. Though it may not be original I use foam for padding. Then I use a electric carving knife to shape the foam.

Tandy for the leather or Amazon. Though it may not be original I use foam for padding. Then I use a electric carving knife to shape the foam.

Good call. I'm looking at some on ebay and amazon. I also have some PM's. As far as the foam I think I might cruise down to the local fabric shop and see what they have.

You will want fairly dense closed cell foam. I usually use two different types. One fairly dense and fairly thick piece, then after it's shaped, another piece thinner and softer, then I use headliner material thats super thin and soft but covered with stretchy cloth before I put on the leather.

One more thing. I used to buy leather on line but found a local leather shop in town. You may want to look around in your area for the same.

You will want fairly dense closed cell foam. I usually use two different types. One fairly dense and fairly thick piece, then after it's shaped, another piece thinner and softer, then I use headliner material thats super thin and soft but covered with stretchy cloth before I put on the leather.

How thick should the padding ultimately be? I've read for a more authentic look, make it think. Also, I'll check for that type of material at the fabric shop. When I recovered my VW hus seats I used canvas between the material and padding.

Back