When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It’s French

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Barfbucket

Finally riding a big boys bike
Tubulars, Super Champion, 531 tubing, Lam brakes, French BB, French thread pedals and and 4 speed.

Probably just before WWII? Very light but shifting is something you only want to do when you really need to. There is a lever for shifting cable tension that has to be fussed with when shifting. For a big sudden hill sometimes it’s easier to get off and spin and adjust, then get back on to ride. Better than a single speed and an improvement over the flip flop. The head decal is un readable, only a trace remains. I love riding it out in the farmland with rolling hills.

Hi,
Nice bike, more possibly post war due to the amount of aluminium components and the 531 frame.
Pictures of the indecipherable decals may still be helpful, and the 531 sticker could help with dating. Not that that's ultimately important as long as you enjoy riding it!

Hi,
Nice bike, more possibly post war due to the amount of aluminium components and the 531 frame.
Pictures of the indecipherable decals may still be helpful, and the 531 sticker could help with dating. Not that that's ultimately important as long as you enjoy riding it!
I think aluminum rims and 531 came out around the mid thirties. 1936. Can’t remember. I have an electric hoist and all my bikes are hanging under the eves in my barn attic so I can’t do photos. I have another fixed gear American bike with wood wheels and single tube tires that I have no idea about either.

Hi,
Thank you. I’ll have to wait until spring for photos when I bring my bIke’s down and begin riding them.

-----

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful item! :D

Pedals appear they may be later than cycle. Look like they may be Lyotard model 45CA.

LAM is a product of Maurice Maillard of Incheville -

catalogue page of 1939

---

chainset and bottom bracket appear they could be something from Verot-Perrin; expect spindle to be hollow

---

wonder if cycle could turn out to be a Tendil...

we shall needs be attend le printemps and additional imagery

-----

The bike didn’t have pedals, so your very observant, I replaced them. Thanks for the picture of the brakes.

I built a second set of wheels using vintage French stuff. They are clinchers. The original wheels are perfect so I don’t like to ride on them much. The originals have Porthor Super Course rims.

Back