When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It is easy to get financially upside down on a collectible bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The Beetle is named "Olive" (of course) and she is the last year of the ovals 1957. She is the most fun to drive of any car I have had. She is light, agile and responsive to head winds and side winds.

Side note: It took me almost a week after buying the Jeep to realize it was a Fiat. Nine gears and right side gas fill should have clued me in...View attachment 911877

Olive is beautiful Jim.

Nice, thank you. I miss all the banana bikes. That museum was a labor of love. I sold all (except for 10? or so) and built a retirement home on the Sound. Some how the plans contained a big space for a bicycle collection. I am trying to be more reasonable with the new collection.

Look for another series of swap meets between New London and Stonington, CT in early September.

I do love this hobby...

@Jim Barnard I figured you might like to see this one. 1969 Lemon Peeler. My brother-in-law was the original owner. The bike is 100% from the factory, right down to the tubes.

IMG_0182.JPG

I prefer going to auctions, where I can SEE the bike beforehand and decide if it'll be a money pit to fix up. Most of the bikes I have just needed tubes and some bike oil, but that's was it. The worst bike - bearings needing to be repacked.

My NEWEST member of the collection (just got the electric horn working yesterday) just needs a bulb in the headlight, rear reflector, and new tubes. Still has all original paint -

IMG_20181201_151648.jpg

Back