When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It started with a badge

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Fork is done and on the bike. So glad I fixed it because it’s so much better than the painted fork was

And one last thing today. My first attempt at recovering a saddle. I had a crusty old chopper seat with a nice piece of leather on it still and a crusty old Troxel saddle that was in dire need of a redo. A little paint, some new foam, and some spray glue. What could go wrong.

A few observations. Different foam would help, but hey, I used what had laying around. Next, no distractions while working in the future. I was interrupted in the middle of the job, and it was not fun. Lastly, with strong spray glue, be careful around it. My work jacket now has a 6” strip of glue residue attached to it because I wasn’t careful. Live and learn. At least the saddle came out ok for a first time noob:cool:

The work you did on the chain guard really helped blend it in better. The donor threaded section looks like a good call . Looks like you added some length as well . Truss rods will be nice on that chrome fork set up. Cool build....................WAY COOL BADGE !! ride safe ! :cool:

Thanks! A friend helped me with it. The welding part is easy, the light hand with a grinder is always the hard part for me :p

Btw, the badge was a huge hit on Facebook with the Schwinn group I’m in. Everyone wants one now! Lol

And one last update on the Dx. Clay tires are back on. So, until I find my truss rods, I think this build is done. Time to ride!

Back