When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It started with a badge

-
Fork is done and on the bike. So glad I fixed it because it’s so much better than the painted fork was

And one last thing today. My first attempt at recovering a saddle. I had a crusty old chopper seat with a nice piece of leather on it still and a crusty old Troxel saddle that was in dire need of a redo. A little paint, some new foam, and some spray glue. What could go wrong.

A few observations. Different foam would help, but hey, I used what had laying around. Next, no distractions while working in the future. I was interrupted in the middle of the job, and it was not fun. Lastly, with strong spray glue, be careful around it. My work jacket now has a 6” strip of glue residue attached to it because I wasn’t careful. Live and learn. At least the saddle came out ok for a first time noob:cool:

The work you did on the chain guard really helped blend it in better. The donor threaded section looks like a good call . Looks like you added some length as well . Truss rods will be nice on that chrome fork set up. Cool build....................WAY COOL BADGE !! ride safe ! :cool:

Thanks! A friend helped me with it. The welding part is easy, the light hand with a grinder is always the hard part for me :p

Btw, the badge was a huge hit on Facebook with the Schwinn group I’m in. Everyone wants one now! Lol

And one last update on the Dx. Clay tires are back on. So, until I find my truss rods, I think this build is done. Time to ride!

Back