When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Italian >emigrates to CA> retires to USA...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Coalfield

Finally riding a big boys bike
.... does that qualify as International enough?
Maybe I'm having confusion (newbie paralysis) over this sub-Forum as related to Vintage Lightweights - at least as it applies to my bikes.

Herewith, a grand bike with a known history from 1st owner, a Canadian from Calgary region who bought this bike primarily for a long tour with a friend; and did not ride much afterward. Happy to be the 2nd owner of a 1971 Bottecchia Giro 'd Italia. Columbus SP. Original owner said the only thing he did to the bike was have the original tubular rims replaced with clinchers. With the overhaul, I took it back to silver tubulars with a new wheelset, switched Record rd for NR, new (Rustine) gum hoods for Universal levers and different saddle & bar tape. Have the original pedals bagged as I ride cliplessly.
As acquired:
Botte before.JPG

After refurb
Botte after.JPG

This is about the smallest bike I comfortably ride. Would love an extra cm of head tube!

Last edited:
-----

Good Day Bituminous,

wrt fora -

this International forum only began last May

AFAIK there was no announcement regarding it; just appeared one day

its creation somewhat implies that the Lightweights forum is for domestic products

folks seem to post on the two interchangeably, so you have no need to be concerned

---

Ottavio -

some seem to prize these Teddy branded stems

we have a member who put one up for sale couple year back at a hefty tariff

whenever encounter a Teddy produced machine always think of Ottavio and how he lived and ended his time

sure hope his heirs earn some royalties from Teddy & Co.

1975 was final year for this iteration of the Etablissements Peyrard's Star chainset; it received a revision for the 1976 model year but all fittings interchange betwixt the early and late types

frameset's fork crown is the Agrati "BRIANZA" pattern and is item nr. 000.8038. it was also offered in a design without cutouts; this second type is frequently encountered on Torpado products:

manufacturer's catalogue page for the Giro model of 1973 -

---

life of Ottavio -

-----

-----

Good Day Bituminous,

wrt fora -

this International forum only began last May

AFAIK there was no announcement regarding it; just appeared one day

its creation somewhat implies that the Lightweights forum is for domestic products

folks seem to post on the two interchangeably, so you have no need to be concerned

---

Ottavio -

some seem to prize these Teddy branded stems

we have a member who put one up for sale couple year back at a hefty tariff

whenever encounter a Teddy produced machine always think of Ottavio and how he lived and ended his time

sure hope his heirs earn some royalties from Teddy & Co.

1975 was final year for this iteration of the Etablissements Peyrard's Star chainset; it received a revision for the 1976 model year but all fittings interchange betwixt the early and late types

frameset's fork crown is the Agrati "BRIANZA" pattern and is item nr. 000.8038. it was also offered in a design without cutouts; this second type is frequently encountered on Torpado products:

View attachment 1381820

manufacturer's catalogue page for the Giro model of 1973 -

View attachment 1381821

---

life of Ottavio -

-----

I favour the murdered by fascists theory.
There seemed to be a lot of it occurring, see also the account mentioned by Bartali's father in "Road to Valour".
If anyone needs a 'Star' chainset I have a pair of crank arms.

Back