When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Italian Head Badge thread

-
Wish those Fiorelli photos also showed their head badge. I am still a little perplexed regarding the concave/convex differences between the Coppi and Fiorelli medallions. I thought the Coppi "caps" may have been pushed inward due to damage/storage, etc.; but no real signs that they are not intended to have that design. It may be another means of dating a bike if earlier "caps" were convex. All the Fiorelli "caps" that I have seen are similar the those posted with a convex design.

Lygie/Ligie; Milano (est. circa 1905) (badge example from 1969 frame; possibly marque was was originally established in St. Etienne France prior to its Italian origin by Alfredo Sironi. I have found nothing as to any French connection; but one can assume it to have started there considering the name pronunciation is of French and not Italian diction.)

Lygie/Ligie; Milano (est. circa 1905) (badge example from 1969 frame; possibly marque was was originally established in St. Etienne France prior to its Italian origin by Alfredo Sironi. I have found nothing as to any French connection; but one can assume it to have started there considering the name pronunciation is of French and not Italian diction.)

View attachment 1745740

-----

readers with an interest in this marque may wish to explore here -

regarding the number visible on Lygie headplates a lively forum discussion was held here with lots of speculation and no conclusion reached...

-----

-----

readers with an interest in this marque may wish to explore here -

regarding the number visible on Lygie headplates a lively forum discussion was held here with lots of speculation and no conclusion reached...

-----

I'm not able to open the second link for some reason?

39049 is a French postcode (zipcode), for the commune (village) of Bersaillin in the Jura region.
This is a distance from St. Etienne though.

It's also the postcode for several Italian cities in the Trentino area.

-----

yes, thank you

posted this information in the discussion thread posted above about seven year back

-----

As I said before, I couldn't access the previous BikeForums link, and still can't.
So, is the postcode relevant?
I'm, unfortunately, still none the wiser; can you put us out of our misery @juvela ?

Last edited:
Cicli Rubino; (Bologna?) (est.circa 1929) (found existing bike shop "Rubino Cicli" in Bologna; but business email address is not functioning so no quick way to verify if it is the same business. Cicli Rubino facebook site has articles ("dal 1929 CICLI RUBINO" on tool bag) and bikes; but no reference as to history, and no good badge images for comparison.)

As I said before, I couldn't access the previous BikeForums link, and still can't.
So, is the postcode relevant?
I'm, unfortunately, still none the wiser; can you put us out of our misery @juvela ?
39049 is in reference to my age 59.40205 yrs, minus 10, times 4, squared

Back