When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Italian Head Badge thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

Torresini was acquired by Agrati about 1983

marque kept alive for a few years and then permitted to end

Torpado emblem  .jpg

Torresini Capri .jpg

Torresini also produced cycles under the Capri marque
have the impression name owned by them rather than a contract manufactured cycle, no hard information however

----

-----

Torresini was acquired by Agrati about 1983

marque kept alive for a few years and then permitted to end.

Torresini also produced cycles under the Capri marque
have the impression name owned by them rather than a contract manufactured cycle, no hard information however

----
The Torpado name was bought by Cicli Esperia in 2001 (also owns Bottechia, Graziella, Fondriest, Plaster(?), Stucchi and maybe more)

-----

thank you

iirc Agrati kept name afloat until roughly 1989 so they may have let it go fallow for a time...

if Cicli Esperia owns Bottecchia & Graziella they likely own the other Teodoro Carnielli marques such as Annabella, Carnielli et al...

IIRC there are something on the order of six or eight of them

-----

Last edited:
Regina (another variant, however slight, of this badge shown in post #1)

20230120_040324~2.jpg

@juvela , any idea of what time frame the badge you displayed was in use?

-----

have never seen the shield shaped emblem on a cycle

suspect it is a lapel pin or similar

may have been employed on stationary for example

sorry, no guesses as to time frame

-----

-----

have never seen the shield shaped emblem on a cycle

suspect it is a lapel pin or similar

may have been employed on stationary for example

sorry, no guesses as to time frame

-----
I find it interesting that the Pegasus is not on any head badges that I have seen. You would think that it would coincide with a fairly specific time period, but like many things cycling related there is a lot of ambiguity and incongruity.

I find it interesting that the Pegasus is not on any head badges that I have seen. You would think that it would coincide with a fairly specific time period, but like many things cycling related there is a lot of ambiguity and incongruity.

-----

with mysterious heraldric devices the first place to check is the crest/coat-of-arms for the city and the second is that for the family (Torresini)

-----

-----

with mysterious heraldric devices the first place to check is the crest/coat-of-arms for the city and the second is that for the family (Torresini)

-----
First, I forgot to notice that there were no rivet mounting holes in the emblem you posted. My fault!

I had checked for the "Pegasus" being used by Torresini and/or Padova prior to your comment, thus I was still mystified as to its use since there is no sign of any previous connections. More of a Greek thing, but it seems to show up on many Italian badges nonetheless.

-----

for meself, can never catch glimpse of a red pegasus without thinking of Mobil Oil Co. ... oops, am repeatin' meself...

sure sign o' senilitudosityness

---

sorry for posting that klinker emblem in there...no recollection whar found..too much web wander!

-----

Back