When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Italian Tandem, Bmx, Mtn Bike Unique/Maybe Rare

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes, that's the basic principle.
It should keep the chain adequately tensioned in every gear.
Maybe the original versions were in some form of plastic and subsequently 'beefed up' with metal parts, possibly after catastrophic failure!

The prices asked for them vary wildly, with the 'bmx' versions seemingly much higher in value to the tandem types.

The prices asked for them vary wildly, with the 'bmx' versions seemingly much higher in value to the tandem types.
Does it look like the tandems can be made into the bmx bikes in your humble opinion?
I don't see any reason it shouldn't but I have never even owned a folding bike or a factory built tandem. LOL

I know the cable lengths will be much shorter right?

From what it looks like in your post of the original advertisement, perhaps you didn't actually get any frame tubes. Maybe it came with plans to cut your own tubing to suit.
The major lugs are obviously adjustable for angles to suit the different frame geometry you'd need for different styles, bmx, bici cross, tandem etc.
I like the "antica" (penny farthing style) design, but my favourite would have to be the 'rekord' version, a design nod to Moser's lo-pro hour record bike, very cool!
Might be worth enquiring with a museum that has one, before attempting anything too drastic.

From what it looks like in your post of the original advertisement, perhaps you didn't actually get any frame tubes. Maybe it came with plans to cut your own tubing to suit.
The major lugs are obviously adjustable for angles to suit the different frame geometry you'd need for different styles, bmx, bici cross, tandem etc.
I like the "antica" (penny farthing style) design, but my favourite would have to be the 'rekord' version, a design nod to Moser's lo-pro hour record bike, very cool!
Might be worth enquiring with a museum that has one, before attempting anything too drastic.
Yeah the "base, cross, and rekord" are like my 3 favorites. Then the lady & the farthing. I want to keep it as Original as possible but mine seems to have steel wheels, missing the top of the bell & from what I can tell some different parts; seats, pedals say made in Germany. I have No Idea of Any museums or even kinda locally .... Especially dealing with Bicycles

I'm nervous about wanting to take it apart right now. I don't want to deal with the cable systems & I don't see how unless cut or replaced it could be shortened from the tandem Any Other way but to be kept inside; garage or house it's going to be hell as a tandem 🙄😒

Not to mention it's a heavy beast.

Hmmm interesting idea of making your own tubing .... would be cool to use a lighter weight chromoly or thick wall Aluminum Polished

Just an update; Mobile - Semi Rider Status -No Brakes.
24x2.125" white stripe tires; may get a coat of Red Oil base to match the bike🤔

The related know-how was immediately acquired by Paioli Lavorazione Lamiere together with the equipment of machine tools. Since the same year, 1972 , the company has started the sale of spare parts for motorcycles in a room of the old Bolognese factory in via Casoni12. Maria Giovanna Gnudi and her husband Luciano Santovito take care of this activity. In fact, the third generation of Gnudi enters the company: Maria Giovanna, Atonio and Andrea. The 1973it is a very important year for the history of Paioli, affected by a rapid evolutionary process. In the S. Agata Bolognese factory, which employs 80 people, production takes on considerable values, with a tendency to increase. Having settled the technical basis, the legal administrative part must be settled, assigning very specific responsibilities to the family descended from Ricciotti Paioli. On November 10, 1973 , the "paioli Meccanica sas" was founded, which retains its headquarters in Bologna, and devotes its energies to the motorcycle sector, in particular to the forks, and is managed by Maria Giovanna Gnudi and Luciano Santovito. Paioli Lavorazione Lamiere remains in the hands of Laura Paioli, Attilio Gnudi and their two sons: Antonio and Andrea, who will take over the company within a few years.

Back