When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Item not tested? or not working? tell the truth.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
How about an ad with no description,just pics .What do think,is that dishonest ? No mention of a test or if it's complete. This happens all the time,sometimes pics don't tell the story.

http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/delta-rocket-ray.101453/

That happens to be my rocket ray. Why on earth would not having a description be dishonest? I'm not trying to be dishonest or mislead anyone. If someone has a question about it, they are welcome to ask. I've never put batteries in it, and I don't intend to, because judging by the condition of the battery tray its unlikely that it would work without tinkering with it. As far as not mentioning if its complete, yes, its missing the bezel and lens which is why they aren't pictured. The pictures DO tell the story, at least in this case. I showed all angles of the light including the inside. The battery tray has rust, so it may not work. The bezel and lens are not there, so they aren't included. I'm not trying to hide anything. If anyone wanted to know more about it, all they would have to do is ask me.

My general rule of thumb is, if something doesn't say whether its tested or not, or says untested, assume it doesn't work. If you buy it and it does work, then its a bonus. If pictures show missing parts, assume they are missing. In either case you can always at least ask, and may or may not get an answer depending on the seller.

"If pictures show missing parts, assume they are missing"...

How do you take a picture of something that is missing ? Why not inform a potential buyer of missing parts ? Something like Partial Rocket Ray ? Not everyone knows exactly what parts make up a light,or can see pics clearly on a little phone monitor.

Disagree Jay! No reason to not be as specific as you can about the item. Nobody likes unpleasant surprises. Whether intentional or not, it does kind of come off as, "Maybe someone won't notice", at least to me.

Last edited:
If you ship, it will have a return address and I will track you down and be at your door for a $5 item.I dont mind driving 2000 miles so beware unless it is Portland.

"If pictures show missing parts, assume they are missing"...

How do you take a picture of something that is missing ? Why not inform a potential buyer of missing parts ? Something like Partial Rocket Ray ? Not everyone knows exactly what parts make up a light,or can see pics clearly on a little phone monitor.

Ok, maybe a better way to word the point I was trying to make, is to assume the item is being sold "AS IS" meaning when you receive it, it will look exactly like it did in the picture and there will be no more, or no less parts than what was pictured.
I did change my ad to reflect the missing bezel, missing lens and the fact that its untested.
Again, I was not trying to mislead anyone with my ad.
And the partial quote you used, is MY general rule of thumb (as I stated), meaning what I MYSELF go by when purchasing something. I'm not saying that will work for everybody. But please, don't take part of what I said and turn it around to make me look bad.

Last edited:
Back