When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's 2020, what 700c tires are y'all using?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That looks great! I like how you have the vintage headlamp up front and the modern LED flasher in the rear. It's kind of cool to mix the old and the new, like the times I've used a GPS computer on my Varsity and other vintage road bikes

Another reason I'm a fan of the Specialized Sawtooth tire is they are all black. The 700x44c I had on my Mead works well on my Elgin. They roll nice, have good grip seem to wear well. I like the tread pattern too. And they're black. Just black. The way I prefer on my bikes. 🤓

That looks great! I like how you have the vintage headlamp up front and the modern LED flasher in the rear. It's kind of cool to mix the old and the new, like the times I've used a GPS computer on my Varsity and other vintage road bikes
the vintage headlamp has been converted to led as well. the battery tube has a rechargeable battery and the control board for the led. it is a mixture of 2 centuries of progress.

Another option is 28” British rims commonly found on the DL-1 Roadsters. I took a pair and laced them up to rebuilt ND Mod D hubs and put on a set of repop BFG Silvertown 28x1 1/2”tires. They look good and ride great on my 21 Shelby Motorbike. I wish they weren’t so shiny but they were a package deal with the bike
View attachment 1469009

View attachment 1469010

View attachment 1469011

View attachment 1469012

View attachment 1469013
Who makes the repop goodrich tires? Are they singletube or clinchers? Still available?

I was able to rub off the logo on a set of Continental tires using Blue Magic metal polish, which is similar to Mother's
Great suggestion! I combined some Mother's Mag Wheel and Aluminum polish with a small buffing wheel on my Dremel tool. It was super easy. You just have to be gentle with the Dremel, because it takes material off fairly fast. Thanks, DrRumack80!

Great suggestion! I combined some Mother's Mag Wheel and Aluminum polish with a small buffing wheel on my Dremel tool. It was super easy. You just have to be gentle with the Dremel, because it takes material off fairly fast. Thanks, DrRumack80!
No problem! I learned that trick from the owner (now retired) of the old Schwinn dealership in my town. He was the best bike mechanic I have ever known, and likely ever will know.

Back